British Royal Navy makes traditional toasts gender neutral
Johannesburg: The Royal Navy of Britain has revealed that they have replaced the sailor`s traditional toast to "our wives and sweethearts" with a more gender-neutral and inclusive toast to "our families".
According to News24.com, the Royal Navy said in a release that the Saturday night toast was altered to "reflect cultural changes" in the fleet, which has incorporated more female sailors for over 20 years.
The Naval Toasts, used at mess dinners each day of the week, has been a part of the military`s customs for a long time.
The Maritime Armed forces report, which was released on Saturday, asserted that the Tuesday night toast to "our men" was also modernized to "our sailors".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray