British Royal Navy makes traditional toasts gender neutral
Johannesburg: The Royal Navy of Britain has revealed that they have replaced the sailor`s traditional toast to "our wives and sweethearts" with a more gender-neutral and inclusive toast to "our families".
According to News24.com, the Royal Navy said in a release that the Saturday night toast was altered to "reflect cultural changes" in the fleet, which has incorporated more female sailors for over 20 years.
The Naval Toasts, used at mess dinners each day of the week, has been a part of the military`s customs for a long time.
The Maritime Armed forces report, which was released on Saturday, asserted that the Tuesday night toast to "our men" was also modernized to "our sailors".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani