British Royal Navy makes traditional toasts gender neutral
Johannesburg: The Royal Navy of Britain has revealed that they have replaced the sailor`s traditional toast to "our wives and sweethearts" with a more gender-neutral and inclusive toast to "our families".
According to News24.com, the Royal Navy said in a release that the Saturday night toast was altered to "reflect cultural changes" in the fleet, which has incorporated more female sailors for over 20 years.
The Naval Toasts, used at mess dinners each day of the week, has been a part of the military`s customs for a long time.
The Maritime Armed forces report, which was released on Saturday, asserted that the Tuesday night toast to "our men" was also modernized to "our sailors".
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today