British soldiers` remains stored secretly: Report
London: Remains of British war heroes, who died in Afghanistan and Iraq are being secretly kept in an Army lab without permission from their relatives, a media report said.
The Sun said at least 60 samples from soldiers were found in a forensics laboratory.
The Royal Military Police has begun investigating the scandal.
The samples are largely made up of tissue slides for DNA tests. But the daily said the possibility that body parts were also stored has not been ruled out.
A forensics manager for the Special Investigations Branch of the military police had worked on them as part of murder probes.
The remains were found by his replacement, who notified superiors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley