British soldiers` remains stored secretly: Report
London: Remains of British war heroes, who died in Afghanistan and Iraq are being secretly kept in an Army lab without permission from their relatives, a media report said.
The Sun said at least 60 samples from soldiers were found in a forensics laboratory.
The Royal Military Police has begun investigating the scandal.
The samples are largely made up of tissue slides for DNA tests. But the daily said the possibility that body parts were also stored has not been ruled out.
A forensics manager for the Special Investigations Branch of the military police had worked on them as part of murder probes.
The remains were found by his replacement, who notified superiors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3