British soldiers` remains stored secretly: Report
London: Remains of British war heroes, who died in Afghanistan and Iraq are being secretly kept in an Army lab without permission from their relatives, a media report said.
The Sun said at least 60 samples from soldiers were found in a forensics laboratory.
The Royal Military Police has begun investigating the scandal.
The samples are largely made up of tissue slides for DNA tests. But the daily said the possibility that body parts were also stored has not been ruled out.
A forensics manager for the Special Investigations Branch of the military police had worked on them as part of murder probes.
The remains were found by his replacement, who notified superiors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic