British spies plotted to feminise Hitler
London: It has emerged that during the Second World War, the British spies planned to hatch a plot against Adolf Hitler by mixing female sex hormones with his food to pacify his aggressive impulses.
A new book, ‘Secret Weapons: Technology, Science And The Race To Win World War II’ by Professor Brian Ford has suggested that agents thought of smuggling doses of oestrogen into his food to calm down his aggression and make him more like his submissive younger sister Paula.
They were said to have chosen oestrogen, as it was tasteless and would have had a subtle effect without even giving Hitler’s food testers any hint.
“Research had showed the importance of sex hormones – they were beginning to be used in sex therapy in London,” the Daily Mail quoted Ford as saying in the book.
“The Allies hoped to smuggle oestrogen into Hitler’s food and change his sex so he would become more feminine and less aggressive.”
“Hitler had testers who used to taste his meals so there was no mileage in putting poison in his food because they would immediately fall victim to it. Sex hormones were a different matter.”
“They affected you only if you took them for months on end, so no one would have realised the hormones were in the food,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS