British tabloid The Sun`s website `hacked`
London: Rupert Murdoch`s News International-owned tabloid The Sun`s website was reportedly
brought down by a group of computer hackers who claimed that the 80-year-old media mogul had been found dead in his garden.
The hackers, called Lulz Security, which previously targeted companies including Sony, claimed responsibility via Twitter saying, "We have owned Sun/News of the World."
Readers trying to access `thesun.co.uk` were redirected to hoax news story with the headline `Media moguls
body discovered (sic)`. It suggested Murdoch was found after
he "ingested a large quantity of palladium", the `BBC` said.
"Murdoch, aged 80, has said to have ingested a large
quantity of palladium before stumbling into his famous topiary
garden late last night, passing out in the early hours of the
morning," the hoax story added.
Then the viewers were redirected to Lulz Security`s Twitter page, before News International took it down.
After that site stopped working, The Sun`s address was
re-directing to LulzSec`s Twitter account, which claimed to be
displaying "hacked internal Sun staff data" in one entry. In
another, the group said: "Arrest us. We dare you. We are the
unstoppable hacking generation..."
News International said it was "aware" of what was happening but made no further comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt