British teacher clicks indecent images of kids, jailed
London: A primary school teacher has been jailed for filming students while changing for swimming and sharing the images on the internet in "a level of betrayal rarely seen", British police said Thursday.
Simon Mark Knowles, 52, living in a seaside resort of Bridlington, was sentenced to four-and-a-half years imprisonment after pleading guilty to 24 charges at York Crown Court, The Independent reported.
The charges included making indecent images of children as young as three, possessing indecent images of children, distributing indecent images of children and recording a person doing a private act.
Officers investigating the case found 19,541 indecent photographs of children on Knowles` computer along with 174 indecent videos.
He had also distributed 147 indecent photographs of children. The offences took place from 2009 up until his arrest in April 2012.
Some of the children he filmed were students at the North Yorkshire school where he taught, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday