British teacher clicks indecent images of kids, jailed
London: A primary school teacher has been jailed for filming students while changing for swimming and sharing the images on the internet in "a level of betrayal rarely seen", British police said Thursday.
Simon Mark Knowles, 52, living in a seaside resort of Bridlington, was sentenced to four-and-a-half years imprisonment after pleading guilty to 24 charges at York Crown Court, The Independent reported.
The charges included making indecent images of children as young as three, possessing indecent images of children, distributing indecent images of children and recording a person doing a private act.
Officers investigating the case found 19,541 indecent photographs of children on Knowles` computer along with 174 indecent videos.
He had also distributed 147 indecent photographs of children. The offences took place from 2009 up until his arrest in April 2012.
Some of the children he filmed were students at the North Yorkshire school where he taught, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends