British teacher clicks indecent images of kids, jailed
London: A primary school teacher has been jailed for filming students while changing for swimming and sharing the images on the internet in "a level of betrayal rarely seen", British police said Thursday.
Simon Mark Knowles, 52, living in a seaside resort of Bridlington, was sentenced to four-and-a-half years imprisonment after pleading guilty to 24 charges at York Crown Court, The Independent reported.
The charges included making indecent images of children as young as three, possessing indecent images of children, distributing indecent images of children and recording a person doing a private act.
Officers investigating the case found 19,541 indecent photographs of children on Knowles` computer along with 174 indecent videos.
He had also distributed 147 indecent photographs of children. The offences took place from 2009 up until his arrest in April 2012.
Some of the children he filmed were students at the North Yorkshire school where he taught, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24