British teen jumps to death after forced sex
London: A 13-year-old British girl plunged 60 feet to her death from a window after being forced into sexual acts, an inquest heard.
Chevonea Kendall-Bryan was terrified after a 15-year-old pushed her to perform the act during a party. The next day another person threatened to smash the windows of her flat unless she did the same to him.
The girl`s mother Amanda Kendall said police were told of both alleged assaults, but Kendall-Bryan begged her to drop the case, The Sun reported.
A month later, Kendall-Bryan was found with fatal brain injuries below her fourth-floor bedroom window at Vauxhall area in south London.
The mother told Westminster Coroner`s Court her daughter was "a very bubbly little girl" but bullies made her so unhappy that she started to cut herself with scissors at times.
"It started with name calling but got physical tripping her up, slapping. She started self-harming and said that was a way of taking away the pain," she said.
The trauma went on for three years before the alleged sex attacks took place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble