British teenager `planned` Sandy Hook-style massacre
London: A 16-year-old British boy who has been arrested on terror charges might have been planning to carry out a Sandy Hook-style massacre in Britain, police officials have said.
The teen is said to have bought bomb making chemicals with his dad`s credit card and drawn up a "death list" of pupils at his school under the heading: "Must Die".
The Daily Star quoted counter-terrorism officers who raided his home, as saying that they found detailed classroom seating plans with those students he planned to execute marked with an X.
Others had S for "save" and N for "neutral" scrawled next to their names. A handwritten note revealed the lad intended to kill himself following the attack. Officers reportedly found bomb-making manuals and Al-Qaeda videos at his West Midlands home.
They also recovered sulphur and potassium nitrate - chemicals used to make explosives - which according to officials were bought over the internet using his father`s Paypal account.
UK police were tipped off by FBI officers who had been monitoring the youngster since he uploaded photos of himself posing with homemade bombs to a web chatroom.
US agents tracked the boy`s computer after he tried to contact terrorist organizations through the same site. The teen appeared at Westminster Magistrates` Court in London earlier this month facing charges of possessing material in connection with terrorism and explosives.
He has also been accused of possessing articles in connection with terrorism as well as a banned image of a child. He was first arrested in February. Adam Lanza, 20, shot dead 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on December 14. He then turned one of his guns on himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal