British teenager `planned` Sandy Hook-style massacre
London: A 16-year-old British boy who has been arrested on terror charges might have been planning to carry out a Sandy Hook-style massacre in Britain, police officials have said.
The teen is said to have bought bomb making chemicals with his dad`s credit card and drawn up a "death list" of pupils at his school under the heading: "Must Die".
The Daily Star quoted counter-terrorism officers who raided his home, as saying that they found detailed classroom seating plans with those students he planned to execute marked with an X.
Others had S for "save" and N for "neutral" scrawled next to their names. A handwritten note revealed the lad intended to kill himself following the attack. Officers reportedly found bomb-making manuals and Al-Qaeda videos at his West Midlands home.
They also recovered sulphur and potassium nitrate - chemicals used to make explosives - which according to officials were bought over the internet using his father`s Paypal account.
UK police were tipped off by FBI officers who had been monitoring the youngster since he uploaded photos of himself posing with homemade bombs to a web chatroom.
US agents tracked the boy`s computer after he tried to contact terrorist organizations through the same site. The teen appeared at Westminster Magistrates` Court in London earlier this month facing charges of possessing material in connection with terrorism and explosives.
He has also been accused of possessing articles in connection with terrorism as well as a banned image of a child. He was first arrested in February. Adam Lanza, 20, shot dead 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, on December 14. He then turned one of his guns on himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now