British tourist beaten to death in Dubai prison
Dubai: The British embassy in Dubai says a British tourist has died in custody in the city state. His family claims he was beaten by police.
Embassy spokeswoman Ruzina Hasan says the diplomatic mission is in close contact with Dubai police, which is investigating the death of the Briton, Lee Bradley Brown.
Hasan says Brown was visiting Dubai when he was detained.
A report on Thursday in the 7-Days newspaper says the 39-year-old Briton died on Monday. He was detained last week for assault and was facing charges of "intimidating behaviour" and "use of abusive language”.
Brown`s family told the newspaper that his fellow inmates called to tell them he had been attacked. The report says the inmates saw his body being taken away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video