British tourist beaten to death in Dubai prison
Dubai: The British embassy in Dubai says a British tourist has died in custody in the city state. His family claims he was beaten by police.
Embassy spokeswoman Ruzina Hasan says the diplomatic mission is in close contact with Dubai police, which is investigating the death of the Briton, Lee Bradley Brown.
Hasan says Brown was visiting Dubai when he was detained.
A report on Thursday in the 7-Days newspaper says the 39-year-old Briton died on Monday. He was detained last week for assault and was facing charges of "intimidating behaviour" and "use of abusive language”.
Brown`s family told the newspaper that his fellow inmates called to tell them he had been attacked. The report says the inmates saw his body being taken away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves