British tourist beaten to death in Dubai prison
Dubai: The British embassy in Dubai says a British tourist has died in custody in the city state. His family claims he was beaten by police.
Embassy spokeswoman Ruzina Hasan says the diplomatic mission is in close contact with Dubai police, which is investigating the death of the Briton, Lee Bradley Brown.
Hasan says Brown was visiting Dubai when he was detained.
A report on Thursday in the 7-Days newspaper says the 39-year-old Briton died on Monday. He was detained last week for assault and was facing charges of "intimidating behaviour" and "use of abusive language”.
Brown`s family told the newspaper that his fellow inmates called to tell them he had been attacked. The report says the inmates saw his body being taken away.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler