British woman cop writes erotic letters to inmates
London: A woman prison officer in Britain -- reportedly of Asian origin -- admitted writing erotic letters and making phone calls to four convicts, and has been jailed for 12 months.
Zanib Khan, 27, made more than 10 hours of such calls to drug dealers and robbers at the Brixton prison between March and November 2011.
One prisoner said he could not forget "walking through those gates and seeing my beautiful gal" while another referred to kissing Khan`s "beautiful lips and body" and spoke about how he wanted to see the woman`s feet in the air as they had sex, the Daily Mail reported.
Khan only admitted misconduct with four prisoners, but police suspect she was conducting relationships with three more inmates.
She also did not disclose that her father was serving a four-year sentence for immigration offences, and that her boyfriend was jailed for robbery.
Her defence counsel, however, insisted that though the letters contained "sexual matters", it was all fantasy.
Khan`s phone calls came to light in October 2011, when a mobile phone was found in a prison cell.
One prisoner had Khan`s number listed as his "mother" and another had it listed as his "partner".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'