British woman in Dubai faces jail for sex in taxi
London: A 29-year-old British woman has been sentenced to three months in jail in Dubai after she went on a 10-hour drinking binge, stripped off in the back seat of a taxi and had sex with a passenger.
Rebecca Blake, from Dorking in Surrey, was arrested earlier this year, and is currently on bail.
She faces jail and deportation along with 28-year-old Irishman Conor McRedmond, with whom she was caught, the Daily Mail reported.
He too was convicted and received the same sentence, despite the DNA tests to find evidence of intercourse coming back negative.
The pair have been released on bail pending an appeal hearing in January but their passports have been taken away.
Blake was arrested on a night in May after meeting McRedmond just hours earlier.
Their Pakistani taxi driver Qaiser Khan, 29, alerted police after spotting Blake in his rear-view mirror with her top off, straddling McRedmond and "making the sounds of a woman having sex", the daily said.
Blake, who moved to Dubai in September 2011 to take up a post at a recruitment firm, had been at a drink-all-you-like brunch at a hotel.
She admitted having four vodka drinks and five glasses of wine. She then caught a taxi with McRedmond, who had had six or seven vodka drinks.
The Pakistani taxi driver told the court: "I looked in the mirror and saw the woman sitting on the man`s thighs. She was naked, moving up and down and making sounds."
Khan pulled over, spotted a police patrol and called over an officer, who said he found the pair still having sex.
"The man`s shirt was open, his trousers were down to his knees and the woman was not wearing any underwear," the police officer told the daily.
The taxi driver also claimed Blake offered him money to tell prosecutors the pair were kissing rather than having sex but he refused.
Blake and McRedmond denied having consensual sex. They previously pleaded guilty to consuming alcohol and were fined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’