Briton attempts to cross Indian Ocean in rowboat
Sydney: A British woman has set off from Australia in a bid to row across the Indian Ocean.
Roz Savage left Fremantle, in Western Australia, on Wednesday in a 23-foot (7-meter) purple rowboat for the 4,000-mile (6,400-kilometer) journey.
Savage has already rowed across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The Ocean Rowing Society says that if she successfully crosses the Indian, she will become the first woman to have rowed across three oceans.
Savage uses her long-distance rowing adventures to promote environmental causes and raise awareness of plastic debris polluting the ocean.
Her journey is expected to last four months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India