Briton attempts to cross Indian Ocean in rowboat
Sydney: A British woman has set off from Australia in a bid to row across the Indian Ocean.
Roz Savage left Fremantle, in Western Australia, on Wednesday in a 23-foot (7-meter) purple rowboat for the 4,000-mile (6,400-kilometer) journey.
Savage has already rowed across the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The Ocean Rowing Society says that if she successfully crosses the Indian, she will become the first woman to have rowed across three oceans.
Savage uses her long-distance rowing adventures to promote environmental causes and raise awareness of plastic debris polluting the ocean.
Her journey is expected to last four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Just 1% of population pay taxes; over 5,000 paid more than Rs 1 crore
- 17 out of 30 sectors in negative zone in March in terms of exports
- Indiabulls Real Estate cuts debt by 16% to Rs 4,617 crore in FY16
- E-vehicle maker Clean Motion to invest $10 million in India
- Must watch VIDEO: This is possibly the best ever catch of IPL