Briton banned from speaking to women for 10 years
London: A 56-year-old Briton has been banned by court from speaking to women for 10 years after he told a woman he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
David Delahunty, 56, faces up to five years in jail if he just says hello to a woman he does not know, The Sun reported.
A judge imposed the ban after the man admitted sexual assault.
The order bans him from speaking to any woman he does not know in a public place for the next 10 years, except in an emergency.
He said he walked up to a woman stranger at a bus stop, kissed her on the cheek and told her she was a "bonny lass".
He made lewd suggestions and falsely claimed he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
The woman in her 20s was left feeling "disgusted and frightened", the judge was told.
Delahunty from Cumbria was given a nine-month suspended jail term and 120 hours of community work.
He was also put on the sex offenders` register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir