Briton banned from speaking to women for 10 years
London: A 56-year-old Briton has been banned by court from speaking to women for 10 years after he told a woman he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
David Delahunty, 56, faces up to five years in jail if he just says hello to a woman he does not know, The Sun reported.
A judge imposed the ban after the man admitted sexual assault.
The order bans him from speaking to any woman he does not know in a public place for the next 10 years, except in an emergency.
He said he walked up to a woman stranger at a bus stop, kissed her on the cheek and told her she was a "bonny lass".
He made lewd suggestions and falsely claimed he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
The woman in her 20s was left feeling "disgusted and frightened", the judge was told.
Delahunty from Cumbria was given a nine-month suspended jail term and 120 hours of community work.
He was also put on the sex offenders` register.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai