Briton banned from speaking to women for 10 years
London: A 56-year-old Briton has been banned by court from speaking to women for 10 years after he told a woman he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
David Delahunty, 56, faces up to five years in jail if he just says hello to a woman he does not know, The Sun reported.
A judge imposed the ban after the man admitted sexual assault.
The order bans him from speaking to any woman he does not know in a public place for the next 10 years, except in an emergency.
He said he walked up to a woman stranger at a bus stop, kissed her on the cheek and told her she was a "bonny lass".
He made lewd suggestions and falsely claimed he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
The woman in her 20s was left feeling "disgusted and frightened", the judge was told.
Delahunty from Cumbria was given a nine-month suspended jail term and 120 hours of community work.
He was also put on the sex offenders` register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune