Briton banned from speaking to women for 10 years
London: A 56-year-old Briton has been banned by court from speaking to women for 10 years after he told a woman he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
David Delahunty, 56, faces up to five years in jail if he just says hello to a woman he does not know, The Sun reported.
A judge imposed the ban after the man admitted sexual assault.
The order bans him from speaking to any woman he does not know in a public place for the next 10 years, except in an emergency.
He said he walked up to a woman stranger at a bus stop, kissed her on the cheek and told her she was a "bonny lass".
He made lewd suggestions and falsely claimed he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
The woman in her 20s was left feeling "disgusted and frightened", the judge was told.
Delahunty from Cumbria was given a nine-month suspended jail term and 120 hours of community work.
He was also put on the sex offenders` register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video
- You cannot afford to miss these monsoon destinations in India!