Briton banned from speaking to women for 10 years
London: A 56-year-old Briton has been banned by court from speaking to women for 10 years after he told a woman he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
David Delahunty, 56, faces up to five years in jail if he just says hello to a woman he does not know, The Sun reported.
A judge imposed the ban after the man admitted sexual assault.
The order bans him from speaking to any woman he does not know in a public place for the next 10 years, except in an emergency.
He said he walked up to a woman stranger at a bus stop, kissed her on the cheek and told her she was a "bonny lass".
He made lewd suggestions and falsely claimed he was a rapist who had just been freed from prison.
The woman in her 20s was left feeling "disgusted and frightened", the judge was told.
Delahunty from Cumbria was given a nine-month suspended jail term and 120 hours of community work.
He was also put on the sex offenders` register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed