Briton faces jail for sex in taxi in Dubai
London: A British woman in Dubai is facing up to three-and-a-half years in prison, if convicted, after being accused of romping naked in the back of a taxi in the Muslim emirate.
Expat Becky Blake, 29, appeared in the court Wednesday with Irish welder Conor McRedmond, 28, with whom she is accused of having sex after a 10-hour booze binge, The Sun reported.
Both have spent five days in jail in Dubai, where sex outside marriage is strictly prohibited, before being released on bail. They were charged with indecency and drinking offences.
Becky, from Surrey, has already lost her 100,000 pounds-a-year recruitment job in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP