Briton faces jail for sex in taxi in Dubai
London: A British woman in Dubai is facing up to three-and-a-half years in prison, if convicted, after being accused of romping naked in the back of a taxi in the Muslim emirate.
Expat Becky Blake, 29, appeared in the court Wednesday with Irish welder Conor McRedmond, 28, with whom she is accused of having sex after a 10-hour booze binge, The Sun reported.
Both have spent five days in jail in Dubai, where sex outside marriage is strictly prohibited, before being released on bail. They were charged with indecency and drinking offences.
Becky, from Surrey, has already lost her 100,000 pounds-a-year recruitment job in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged