Briton faces jail for sex in taxi in Dubai
London: A British woman in Dubai is facing up to three-and-a-half years in prison, if convicted, after being accused of romping naked in the back of a taxi in the Muslim emirate.
Expat Becky Blake, 29, appeared in the court Wednesday with Irish welder Conor McRedmond, 28, with whom she is accused of having sex after a 10-hour booze binge, The Sun reported.
Both have spent five days in jail in Dubai, where sex outside marriage is strictly prohibited, before being released on bail. They were charged with indecency and drinking offences.
Becky, from Surrey, has already lost her 100,000 pounds-a-year recruitment job in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered