Briton faces jail for sex in taxi in Dubai
London: A British woman in Dubai is facing up to three-and-a-half years in prison, if convicted, after being accused of romping naked in the back of a taxi in the Muslim emirate.
Expat Becky Blake, 29, appeared in the court Wednesday with Irish welder Conor McRedmond, 28, with whom she is accused of having sex after a 10-hour booze binge, The Sun reported.
Both have spent five days in jail in Dubai, where sex outside marriage is strictly prohibited, before being released on bail. They were charged with indecency and drinking offences.
Becky, from Surrey, has already lost her 100,000 pounds-a-year recruitment job in Dubai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead