Britons being trained for jihad in Syria
London: Four British extremists are being trained to fight a jihad or holy war in Syria and Palestine, according to their trainer, a Syria-born hate preacher who has been banned from Britain.
The Britons are being trained at a camp run by 52-year-old Omar Bakri, The Sun reported.
Bakri has boasted of his military-style courses for Islamic fanatics on Syria`s border with Lebanon.
He said one British recruit was a computer programmer in his 20s from London, while another was a Midlands-based IT worker.
"Of the four, two of them have Syrian connections. But they are all born in Britain and have professional backgrounds. After their training they will do their duty of jihad (holy war) in Syria and maybe Palestine," he told the daily.
Bakri came to Britain in 1986 and stayed till 2005. He had reportedly praised the 9/11 terror attacks.
The cleric also claimed to have trained many fighters from other countries, including Germany and France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!