Brothers due in court in US terrorism case
Fort Lauderdale: Two Pakistani-born brothers charged in an alleged terrorism conspiracy are due in federal court for arraignment and a bail hearing.
The men arrested last week are 30-year-old Sheheryar Alam Qazi and 20-year-old Raees Alam Qazi. They are accused of conspiring to provide material support to terrorists and of attempting to obtain a weapon of mass destruction for use within the US.
The two have not yet entered pleas but family members say they are innocent.
Prosecutors are likely to reveal some details about the alleged plot during today`s hearing. Few specifics were contained in a grand jury indictment and it`s not clear how far along any plot was.
Officials have said the investigation is continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them