Brothers due in court in US terrorism case
Fort Lauderdale: Two Pakistani-born brothers charged in an alleged terrorism conspiracy are due in federal court for arraignment and a bail hearing.
The men arrested last week are 30-year-old Sheheryar Alam Qazi and 20-year-old Raees Alam Qazi. They are accused of conspiring to provide material support to terrorists and of attempting to obtain a weapon of mass destruction for use within the US.
The two have not yet entered pleas but family members say they are innocent.
Prosecutors are likely to reveal some details about the alleged plot during today`s hearing. Few specifics were contained in a grand jury indictment and it`s not clear how far along any plot was.
Officials have said the investigation is continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Eat salmon, walnuts to lower your heart disease risk
- My dad found my sexuality a challenge: Ellen DeGeneres
- Premier League: Liverpool complete GBP 30 million signing of Sadio Mane from Southampton
- Indian banks' bad loans may rise to 8.5% by March 2017: RBI
- EU Parliament urges `immediate` triggering of Brexit process