Brothers due in court in US terrorism case
Fort Lauderdale: Two Pakistani-born brothers charged in an alleged terrorism conspiracy are due in federal court for arraignment and a bail hearing.
The men arrested last week are 30-year-old Sheheryar Alam Qazi and 20-year-old Raees Alam Qazi. They are accused of conspiring to provide material support to terrorists and of attempting to obtain a weapon of mass destruction for use within the US.
The two have not yet entered pleas but family members say they are innocent.
Prosecutors are likely to reveal some details about the alleged plot during today`s hearing. Few specifics were contained in a grand jury indictment and it`s not clear how far along any plot was.
Officials have said the investigation is continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH