`Bruni-Sarkozy invited former lovers on holidays with husband`
London: France`s first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy has humiliated her husband President Nicolas Sarkozy by inviting her former lovers on holidays with the couple, a book claimed.
The book titled `Carla, A secret Life`, written by investigative journalist Besma Lahouri is said to contradict Bruni-Sarkozy`s image as a "shy young woman", reports telegraph.co.uk.
It details the affairs that she has had with a long list of celebrity boyfriends including rock stars Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton.
According to the book, the French first lady invited three former partners as house guests at the couple`s first summer holiday at her GBP 2 million Riviera villa last year.
"Since he married the woman that some called a `man-eater`, (Mr Sarkozy) has had to put up every day with the burdensome tribe. Singers, philosophers, lawyers, bosses, men of the press or politics," wrote Lahouri.
Lahouri also claims that the Elysee Palace had conducted a media campaign in 2008 to replace Bruni-Sarkozy`s smouldering reputation with one fitting to a demure first lady of France.
She claims that Pierre Charon, a civil servant at the Elysee Palace, told her: "So we had to give her a new image. That of a shy young woman”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read