`Bruni-Sarkozy invited former lovers on holidays with husband`
London: France`s first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy has humiliated her husband President Nicolas Sarkozy by inviting her former lovers on holidays with the couple, a book claimed.
The book titled `Carla, A secret Life`, written by investigative journalist Besma Lahouri is said to contradict Bruni-Sarkozy`s image as a "shy young woman", reports telegraph.co.uk.
It details the affairs that she has had with a long list of celebrity boyfriends including rock stars Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton.
According to the book, the French first lady invited three former partners as house guests at the couple`s first summer holiday at her GBP 2 million Riviera villa last year.
"Since he married the woman that some called a `man-eater`, (Mr Sarkozy) has had to put up every day with the burdensome tribe. Singers, philosophers, lawyers, bosses, men of the press or politics," wrote Lahouri.
Lahouri also claims that the Elysee Palace had conducted a media campaign in 2008 to replace Bruni-Sarkozy`s smouldering reputation with one fitting to a demure first lady of France.
She claims that Pierre Charon, a civil servant at the Elysee Palace, told her: "So we had to give her a new image. That of a shy young woman”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi raps Kerala for its policy on stray dogs
- RSS distributed sweets on the day Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated: Congress
- Remember Parul Chauhan aka Ragini from 'Bidaai'? Her latest pictures will make your jaw drop!
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- US to look for opportunities to advance India's NSG bid: Barack Obama