Brussels gay pride parade draws 35,000 participants
Brussels: More than 35,000 people took part in a gay and lesbian pride parade in the Belgian capital on Saturday.
Organisers said around 10,000 more people than last year took part in the event, dubbed Belgian Pride Parade and aimed at highlighting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and calling for more tolerance.
Numerous politicians, representing the Socialists, Greens and Liberals joined the colourful procession. Belgians are due to go to the polls on June 13.
Belgium is considered one of the most liberal countries, with same-sex marriage being legal since 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`