Brussels gay pride parade draws 35,000 participants
Brussels: More than 35,000 people took part in a gay and lesbian pride parade in the Belgian capital on Saturday.
Organisers said around 10,000 more people than last year took part in the event, dubbed Belgian Pride Parade and aimed at highlighting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and calling for more tolerance.
Numerous politicians, representing the Socialists, Greens and Liberals joined the colourful procession. Belgians are due to go to the polls on June 13.
Belgium is considered one of the most liberal countries, with same-sex marriage being legal since 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'