BSP leader`s son held in sexual assault case
Bangalore: Hyder Nasir, 24, son of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Sheik Bahadur, was arrested here in a sexual assault case, registered against him and five others on a complaint by the victim, police said late Wednesday.
"We have arrested Nasir and sent him to judicial custody and are on the lookout for his five accomplices who were party to the crime," Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Satish Kumar said.
According to the first information report (FIR) lodged late Sunday, the accused abducted the 22-year-old victim July 12 when she was in her boyfriend`s car in front of her apartment in the city`s eastern suburb.
"The accused, who came in a sedan, forcibly pulled me out of the car and pushed me in the rear seat along with my friend and drove us around the locality.
All along, Nasir first molested and sexually assaulted me after pulling my friend out of the car at a desolate place near railway tracks in Cox Town," the victim said in the complaint.
Claiming that they were policemen in plainclothes, they also threatened to take the victim and her friend to police station if they did not give them Rs.50,000.
"When I told them I did not have that much of cash and pleaded to let us go, they refused and instead sexually assaulted me," the complaint noted.
The victim filed the complaint only after tracking the accused along with the car in the same locality Sunday and alerted the police to arrest him and seize the car.
Nasir`s father (Bahadur) is an executive member of the BSP`s Karnataka unit.
Bahadur campaigned for the party`s candidates in the recent Lok Sabha elections and had also contested unsuccessfully in the 2009 parliamentary polls from Bangalore Central seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!