Budget trip for Prince William, Kate Middleton
London: Prince William and his wife Kate
Middleton have reportedly vowed to cut the cost of their royal tours, and make their first official overseas visit to the US and Canada a budget trip.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will criss-cross
five time zones in Canada and the US on an 11-day tour of nine
cities between June 30 and July 10 and hope to herald a new
cost-cutting drive in Royal Family, `Daily Express` reported.
Their cut-price approach to royal tours follows rows
in Canada over 1.46-million-pounds cost to Canadian taxpayers
of Prince Charles and Camilla`s visit to the country in 2009
and 2.07-million-pounds bill for Queen`s tour last year.
William, 28, and Kate, 29, will be flown to and around
Canada on Royal Canadian Air Force flight paid for by Canadian
taxpayers as they are members of the Commonwealth.
British taxpayers will foot the bill for the US leg
of the trip because the Foreign Office has asked them to go
to California, where they will stay in Los Angeles for three
days, the newspaper said.
They will fly to LA on the Canadian plane but return
home on a scheduled airline rather than the sort of private
charter jet favoured by some members of the Royal Family.
"They will use scheduled airlines wherever security
and their itinerary allow it," a St James`s Palace source was
quoted as saying.
The couple will be in Ottawa from June 30 to July 2
and then Montreal before travelling to Quebec on July 3 and
then to Prince Edward Island. They will fly to Yellowknife in
the Northwest Territories from July 4 to July 6, finishing
their tour in Alberta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL