‘Budgetless’ Romney ‘thinks we’re dumb’: Bill Clinton
Washington: During a campaign rally for President Barack Obama in Parma, Ohio, former president Bill Clinton went after Mitt Romney’s tax plan, alleging that the Republican ‘thinks we’re dumb.’
“We keep saying, Show us your budget, where are your numbers?” Bill Clinton told the crowd at the ‘get-out-the-vote’ rally.
“This guy ran Bain Capital and is a business guy and he’s hiding his budget? That ought to tell you something,” Bill Clinton added.
According to CBS News, Bill Clinton, who this year has served as Obama’s most effective spokesman, blasted Romney for his evasiveness on other issues, such as whether he would have signed into the law the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
“He can’t even say whether he would sign a law already on the books,” Bill Clinton said.
“He wants to convince the moderate voters he’s a new man without explicitly disavowing a single solitary commitment he made when he said he was a severe conservative,” he added.
“You will never have to play hide and seek with the president’s budget. You don’t have to play hide and seek with the president’s tax returns,” Bill Clinton continued.
According to the report, he also attacked congressional Republicans, and said: “They worked so hard to keep the unemployment rate above 8 percent. They were crushed when it dropped down to 7.8.”
He said that the 0.2 percent drop in unemployment ‘doesn’t sound like much,’ but said it amounts to ‘the biggest one year drop in unemployment in 17 years’, the report said.
Bill Clinton touted Obama’s efforts to save the auto industry, noting that one in eight jobs in Ohio is tied to the sector. He also praised Obama for making Medicare ‘stronger, not weaker’ and for instituting student loan reforms, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed