Build SCO into effective platform: China President
Beijing: Chinese President Hu Jintao on Thursday called for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) to be built into an effective platform for increasing international exchange and influence.
Addressing the 12th Meeting of the Council of Heads of Member States of the SCO in Beijing, the President said the SCO member states have common interests and broad consensus on major international and regional affairs.
He added, "We should enhance consultations with international and regional organisations through the platform to safeguard peace, promote development and boost world multipolarisation and democratisation of international relations."
On major international and regional issues, Hu called on all the member states to strengthen coordination, harmonise their views and speak with a concerted voice based on facts and the SCO members` common interests to safeguard world peace and stability and make greater contribution to the common development of all nations.
The SCO was founded in Shanghai on June 15, 2001, and currently has six full members -- China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia