Building collapses in Philadelphia
Washington: A building has collapsed in the city of Philadelphia, with up to 10 people believed to be trapped under the rubble, Xinhua reported quoting the US media.
The four-storey building, reportedly housing residential apartments, collapsed around 10.45 am in the downtown area of Philadelphia. Initial reports indicated eight to 10 people may be trapped under the debris.
The building next door was undergoing demolition, but it was not immediately clear if there was any connection, Fox News reported.
Dozens of firefighters and emergency personnel were at the scene searching for victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!