Building collapses in Philadelphia
Washington: A building has collapsed in the city of Philadelphia, with up to 10 people believed to be trapped under the rubble, Xinhua reported quoting the US media.
The four-storey building, reportedly housing residential apartments, collapsed around 10.45 am in the downtown area of Philadelphia. Initial reports indicated eight to 10 people may be trapped under the debris.
The building next door was undergoing demolition, but it was not immediately clear if there was any connection, Fox News reported.
Dozens of firefighters and emergency personnel were at the scene searching for victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!