Building collapses in Philadelphia
Washington: A building has collapsed in the city of Philadelphia, with up to 10 people believed to be trapped under the rubble, Xinhua reported quoting the US media.
The four-storey building, reportedly housing residential apartments, collapsed around 10.45 am in the downtown area of Philadelphia. Initial reports indicated eight to 10 people may be trapped under the debris.
The building next door was undergoing demolition, but it was not immediately clear if there was any connection, Fox News reported.
Dozens of firefighters and emergency personnel were at the scene searching for victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda