Bulgaria attack: Possibility of 2nd suspect arises
Burgas: Days after a suicide bomber killed himself and six others at a Bulgarian airport, likelihood of the presence of second suspect in the whole incident has arisen.
According to CNN, Bulgarian police have been alerted to the possibility of a second suspect in the attack.
A security video has captured the man believed to have carried out the suicide attack on a bus full of Israeli vacationers at Burgas International Airport.
But investigators are now looking at the possibility that he had help.
The CNN has quoted a source as saying that several eyewitnesses have told investigators that the bomber had short hair and he spoke English with a "distinct" accent.
However, the man on the security video has long hair.
Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov on Friday said that the bomber was a foreign national.
Speaking at a press conference, Tsvetanov said: "We are talking about a person that is not a Bulgarian citizen... We are exchanging information with our Israeli colleagues and the other services."
The bomber was believed to have been about 36 years old and had been in the country between four and seven days, Tsvetanov said without elaborating.
Also yesterday, a Bulgarian prosecutor said that the bomber tried to rent a car in the days before the bombing but was turned down because his ID appeared suspicious.
Authorities are looking for clues as to the identity of the man by using his fingerprints, his DNA and his fake Michigan driver`s license.
Israel was quick to blame Iran and its Lebanese ally Hezbollah for the attack and a US official told a news agency on Thursday night that Hezbollah was believed to be behind the attack. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because it was a sensitive intelligence issue.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?