Bulgaria: Investigator of bomb attack is fired
Sofia (Bulgaria): Officials have fired the leader of an investigation of a bomb attack in Bulgaria that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver for revealing sensitive information about the probe to the media.
Last week Stanelia Karadzhova told Bulgaria`s 24 Chasa daily that one of three suspected terrorists who carried out the attack at the airport of the Black Sea city of Burgas in July has been identified and that all the suspects were foreign nationals. Karadzhova was quoted as saying the evidence suggests the bombing was not a suicide attack.
The state-run news agency BTA said today that Karadzhova was fired because "she spoke to the media without clearing her statement with the supervising prosecutor."
Israel claims Iran and the militant group Hezbollah played roles in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy