Bulgaria: Investigator of bomb attack is fired
Sofia (Bulgaria): Officials have fired the leader of an investigation of a bomb attack in Bulgaria that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver for revealing sensitive information about the probe to the media.
Last week Stanelia Karadzhova told Bulgaria`s 24 Chasa daily that one of three suspected terrorists who carried out the attack at the airport of the Black Sea city of Burgas in July has been identified and that all the suspects were foreign nationals. Karadzhova was quoted as saying the evidence suggests the bombing was not a suicide attack.
The state-run news agency BTA said today that Karadzhova was fired because "she spoke to the media without clearing her statement with the supervising prosecutor."
Israel claims Iran and the militant group Hezbollah played roles in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?