Bulgaria: Investigator of bomb attack is fired
Sofia (Bulgaria): Officials have fired the leader of an investigation of a bomb attack in Bulgaria that killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver for revealing sensitive information about the probe to the media.
Last week Stanelia Karadzhova told Bulgaria`s 24 Chasa daily that one of three suspected terrorists who carried out the attack at the airport of the Black Sea city of Burgas in July has been identified and that all the suspects were foreign nationals. Karadzhova was quoted as saying the evidence suggests the bombing was not a suicide attack.
The state-run news agency BTA said today that Karadzhova was fired because "she spoke to the media without clearing her statement with the supervising prosecutor."
Israel claims Iran and the militant group Hezbollah played roles in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'