Bulgarian bishop donates Rolex for church`s electricity bills
Belgrade: A Bulgarian bishop has donated his expensive Rolex watch to a local church to enable it to pay off an electricity bill.
Metropolitan Nikolay from Bulgaria`s second largest city of Plovdiv donated his Rolex watch, after the Saint Marina Church recently got an electricity bill for January amounting to BNG 2,940 (nearly $2,000).
The church was unable to pay off the bill which was due by Feb 26.
Nikolay gave away his Rolex to church`s Board of Trustees, asking to sell the expensive watch and use the money to pay the bill.
Bulgaria`s recent hike in electricity prices led to mass street protests that eventually ended with the government`s resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed