Bulgarian held in British woman beheading case
London: A Bulgarian man has been arrested in Spain`s Canary Islands in connection with the beheading of an elderly British woman, BBC reported.
Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket Friday and stabbed and then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.
An official said the man appeared to choose his victim at random. He reportedly attacked the woman without saying a word.
"Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason... entered the shop and then cut this woman`s neck and took the head in his hand outside," local councillor Manuel Reveron was quoted as saying.
A security guard managed to wrestle the man to the ground, he said.
"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him. He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman`s head," a witness said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal