Bulgarian held in British woman beheading case
London: A Bulgarian man has been arrested in Spain`s Canary Islands in connection with the beheading of an elderly British woman, BBC reported.
Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket Friday and stabbed and then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.
An official said the man appeared to choose his victim at random. He reportedly attacked the woman without saying a word.
"Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason... entered the shop and then cut this woman`s neck and took the head in his hand outside," local councillor Manuel Reveron was quoted as saying.
A security guard managed to wrestle the man to the ground, he said.
"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him. He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman`s head," a witness said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason