Bulgarian held in British woman beheading case
London: A Bulgarian man has been arrested in Spain`s Canary Islands in connection with the beheading of an elderly British woman, BBC reported.
Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket Friday and stabbed and then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.
An official said the man appeared to choose his victim at random. He reportedly attacked the woman without saying a word.
"Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason... entered the shop and then cut this woman`s neck and took the head in his hand outside," local councillor Manuel Reveron was quoted as saying.
A security guard managed to wrestle the man to the ground, he said.
"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him. He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman`s head," a witness said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city