Bulgarian held in British woman beheading case
London: A Bulgarian man has been arrested in Spain`s Canary Islands in connection with the beheading of an elderly British woman, BBC reported.
Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket Friday and stabbed and then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.
An official said the man appeared to choose his victim at random. He reportedly attacked the woman without saying a word.
"Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason... entered the shop and then cut this woman`s neck and took the head in his hand outside," local councillor Manuel Reveron was quoted as saying.
A security guard managed to wrestle the man to the ground, he said.
"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him. He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman`s head," a witness said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months