Bull runners crushed in chaotic Pamplona pile-up
Madrid: Daredevil bull-runners were crushed in a pile-up in Pamplona today on the seventh day of Spain`s famed San Fermin festival, and at least one man was carried away unconscious.
Television pictures showed a chaotic pile of fallen runners blocking the entrance to the bullring in the town, the end point of the frantic dash through the cobbled streets.
The pile-up blocked several of the half-tonne bulls from reaching the arena, causing chaos as runners tried to pull fallen companions free, while some of the bulls leapt over the pile, crushing runners under their hooves.
One man was seen being carried away unconscious by emergency workers, bleeding from the face as an anxious companion, dressed in the traditional white shirt and red neckerchief of the festival, looked on.
It was the second to last day of the fiesta in this northern town, which draws festival-goers and daredevils from around the world for a week of drinking and perilous bull-runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa