Bullets sent to offices of Hatoyama, Ozawa
Tokyo: A bullet was sent on Thursday morning to
Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama at his office in
Tokyo`s Nagatacho district, a government official said.
Meanwhile police also said that another bullet was sent
to ruling Democratic Party of Japan Secretary General Ichiro
Ozawa`s office in the Diet building along with a letter
threatening to harm him.
According to Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Yorihisa
Matsuno, police confirmed today afternoon that the object
inside an envelope addressed to the premier was a bullet.
"We must resolutely combat such a violent and menacing
act -- although we are not sure if it constitutes a threat --
and it is extremely regrettable," Matsuno said in a press
conference he held on behalf of Chief Cabinet Secretary
Since last month, envelopes containing bullets and
letters criticizing Ozawa have been sent to Ozawa`s office and
home, the DPJ headquarters and the TV Asahi Corp office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway