Bullets sent to offices of Hatoyama, Ozawa
Tokyo: A bullet was sent on Thursday morning to
Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama at his office in
Tokyo`s Nagatacho district, a government official said.
Meanwhile police also said that another bullet was sent
to ruling Democratic Party of Japan Secretary General Ichiro
Ozawa`s office in the Diet building along with a letter
threatening to harm him.
According to Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Yorihisa
Matsuno, police confirmed today afternoon that the object
inside an envelope addressed to the premier was a bullet.
"We must resolutely combat such a violent and menacing
act -- although we are not sure if it constitutes a threat --
and it is extremely regrettable," Matsuno said in a press
conference he held on behalf of Chief Cabinet Secretary
Since last month, envelopes containing bullets and
letters criticizing Ozawa have been sent to Ozawa`s office and
home, the DPJ headquarters and the TV Asahi Corp office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics