Bullets sent to offices of Hatoyama, Ozawa
Tokyo: A bullet was sent on Thursday morning to
Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama at his office in
Tokyo`s Nagatacho district, a government official said.
Meanwhile police also said that another bullet was sent
to ruling Democratic Party of Japan Secretary General Ichiro
Ozawa`s office in the Diet building along with a letter
threatening to harm him.
According to Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Yorihisa
Matsuno, police confirmed today afternoon that the object
inside an envelope addressed to the premier was a bullet.
"We must resolutely combat such a violent and menacing
act -- although we are not sure if it constitutes a threat --
and it is extremely regrettable," Matsuno said in a press
conference he held on behalf of Chief Cabinet Secretary
Since last month, envelopes containing bullets and
letters criticizing Ozawa have been sent to Ozawa`s office and
home, the DPJ headquarters and the TV Asahi Corp office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read