Bullets sent to offices of Hatoyama, Ozawa
Tokyo: A bullet was sent on Thursday morning to
Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama at his office in
Tokyo`s Nagatacho district, a government official said.
Meanwhile police also said that another bullet was sent
to ruling Democratic Party of Japan Secretary General Ichiro
Ozawa`s office in the Diet building along with a letter
threatening to harm him.
According to Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Yorihisa
Matsuno, police confirmed today afternoon that the object
inside an envelope addressed to the premier was a bullet.
"We must resolutely combat such a violent and menacing
act -- although we are not sure if it constitutes a threat --
and it is extremely regrettable," Matsuno said in a press
conference he held on behalf of Chief Cabinet Secretary
Since last month, envelopes containing bullets and
letters criticizing Ozawa have been sent to Ozawa`s office and
home, the DPJ headquarters and the TV Asahi Corp office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt