Burger selling aunt controlling North Korean leader?
London: While North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is hogging international headlines over threats to the US and South Korea, the person pulling his strings is a 66-year-old woman running downtown Pyongyang`s only burger bar.
Kim Kyong-hui, the Kim Jong-un`s aunt, avoids the American word burger, serving "minced meat and bread" at the restaurant which is reserved for the elite of a state where starvation is a constant threat, Daily Express reported.
Kim and her husband Jang Sung-taek are Kim Jong-un`s closest advisers. They were chosen by his late father Kim Jong-il.
They are thought to be building the son`s military reputation amid suspicions that some North Korean generals do not trust him.
Kim Jong-un is drawing worldwide attention for his belligerent approach in carrying out nuclear tests, despite global concern.
Tensions have been heightened on the Korean Peninsula since North Korea conducted its third nuclear test February 12 in protest against joint military drills between South Korea and the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back