Burger selling aunt controlling North Korean leader?
London: While North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is hogging international headlines over threats to the US and South Korea, the person pulling his strings is a 66-year-old woman running downtown Pyongyang`s only burger bar.
Kim Kyong-hui, the Kim Jong-un`s aunt, avoids the American word burger, serving "minced meat and bread" at the restaurant which is reserved for the elite of a state where starvation is a constant threat, Daily Express reported.
Kim and her husband Jang Sung-taek are Kim Jong-un`s closest advisers. They were chosen by his late father Kim Jong-il.
They are thought to be building the son`s military reputation amid suspicions that some North Korean generals do not trust him.
Kim Jong-un is drawing worldwide attention for his belligerent approach in carrying out nuclear tests, despite global concern.
Tensions have been heightened on the Korean Peninsula since North Korea conducted its third nuclear test February 12 in protest against joint military drills between South Korea and the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire