Burger selling aunt controlling North Korean leader?
London: While North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is hogging international headlines over threats to the US and South Korea, the person pulling his strings is a 66-year-old woman running downtown Pyongyang`s only burger bar.
Kim Kyong-hui, the Kim Jong-un`s aunt, avoids the American word burger, serving "minced meat and bread" at the restaurant which is reserved for the elite of a state where starvation is a constant threat, Daily Express reported.
Kim and her husband Jang Sung-taek are Kim Jong-un`s closest advisers. They were chosen by his late father Kim Jong-il.
They are thought to be building the son`s military reputation amid suspicions that some North Korean generals do not trust him.
Kim Jong-un is drawing worldwide attention for his belligerent approach in carrying out nuclear tests, despite global concern.
Tensions have been heightened on the Korean Peninsula since North Korea conducted its third nuclear test February 12 in protest against joint military drills between South Korea and the US.
- Watch: Sushmita Sen delivers a wonderful speech at daughters' school event!
- I have no PM ambitions, united alliance is the need of the hour: Nitish Kumar
- Core sector expands to a 16-month high of 6.4% in March
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!