Burger selling aunt controlling North Korean leader?
London: While North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is hogging international headlines over threats to the US and South Korea, the person pulling his strings is a 66-year-old woman running downtown Pyongyang`s only burger bar.
Kim Kyong-hui, the Kim Jong-un`s aunt, avoids the American word burger, serving "minced meat and bread" at the restaurant which is reserved for the elite of a state where starvation is a constant threat, Daily Express reported.
Kim and her husband Jang Sung-taek are Kim Jong-un`s closest advisers. They were chosen by his late father Kim Jong-il.
They are thought to be building the son`s military reputation amid suspicions that some North Korean generals do not trust him.
Kim Jong-un is drawing worldwide attention for his belligerent approach in carrying out nuclear tests, despite global concern.
Tensions have been heightened on the Korean Peninsula since North Korea conducted its third nuclear test February 12 in protest against joint military drills between South Korea and the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre