Burger selling aunt controlling North Korean leader?
London: While North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is hogging international headlines over threats to the US and South Korea, the person pulling his strings is a 66-year-old woman running downtown Pyongyang`s only burger bar.
Kim Kyong-hui, the Kim Jong-un`s aunt, avoids the American word burger, serving "minced meat and bread" at the restaurant which is reserved for the elite of a state where starvation is a constant threat, Daily Express reported.
Kim and her husband Jang Sung-taek are Kim Jong-un`s closest advisers. They were chosen by his late father Kim Jong-il.
They are thought to be building the son`s military reputation amid suspicions that some North Korean generals do not trust him.
Kim Jong-un is drawing worldwide attention for his belligerent approach in carrying out nuclear tests, despite global concern.
Tensions have been heightened on the Korean Peninsula since North Korea conducted its third nuclear test February 12 in protest against joint military drills between South Korea and the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Ranji games at neutral venues, Duleep's zonal system scrapped
- Donald Trump slams Barack Obama for not mentioning Pearl Harbour attack
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley