Burglars twice target home of late Peaches Geldof: UK police
London: Thieves twice broke into the home of British model and columnist Peaches Geldof since her tragic death last month, police said today.
The latest break-in happened last Friday at the property of Peaches near Wrotham, Kent Police said.
The thieves left empty-handed, but a lawn-mower was taken in the previous burglary in mid-April, the force said.
25-year-old Peaches, the daughter of Live Aid founder Bob Geldof, died on April 7. An inquest into her death heard heroin "was likely to have played a role".
A police spokesman said that following the latest break- in, officers arrived within five minutes.
"Police are investigating a burglary at an address in Fairseat Lane, Wrotham, on 9 May," he said.
"No personal items are believed to have been stolen.
Additionally, in mid-April a lawn mower was reported [to police] to have been taken from the grounds."
The body of Peaches was found at the home she shared with her husband Tom Cohen, and two sons.
Her inquest earlier this month was told Cohen discovered her slumped dead on a bed after she had recently taken heroin.
Peaches embarked on a media career at the age of 15, when she began writing a column for Elle magazine.
She left home at 16 and contributed to the Telegraph and the Guardian, as well as TV shows including ITV2`s OMG! with Peaches Geldof. She also worked as a model.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea