Burns to visit Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Azerbaijan
Washington: US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Bill Burns will travel to Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Azerbaijan from February 16 to 19.
In Lebanon, Burns will meet with President Michel Sleiman, Prime Minister Saad Hariri and other Lebanese leaders on February 16.
His visit to Lebanon demonstrates the US` continued support for a sovereign and independent Lebanon, the State Department said.
During his February 17 visit to Syria, Burns will meet with President Bashar al-Assad and Foreign Minister Walid Muallim.
"His trip to Syria reflects our continued interest in furthering dialogue with the Syrian government on all aspects of our bilateral relationship," the statement said.
Burns will travel to Turkey on February 18 for meetings with senior officials pursuant to the 2006 Shared Vision framework for our strategic partnership.
From there, he will continue on to Azerbaijan for a meeting on February 19 with President Ilham Aliyev to reinforce the strength of our bilateral relations and for a meeting with civil society members, the State Department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO