Burns to visit Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Azerbaijan
Washington: US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Bill Burns will travel to Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Azerbaijan from February 16 to 19.
In Lebanon, Burns will meet with President Michel Sleiman, Prime Minister Saad Hariri and other Lebanese leaders on February 16.
His visit to Lebanon demonstrates the US` continued support for a sovereign and independent Lebanon, the State Department said.
During his February 17 visit to Syria, Burns will meet with President Bashar al-Assad and Foreign Minister Walid Muallim.
"His trip to Syria reflects our continued interest in furthering dialogue with the Syrian government on all aspects of our bilateral relationship," the statement said.
Burns will travel to Turkey on February 18 for meetings with senior officials pursuant to the 2006 Shared Vision framework for our strategic partnership.
From there, he will continue on to Azerbaijan for a meeting on February 19 with President Ilham Aliyev to reinforce the strength of our bilateral relations and for a meeting with civil society members, the State Department said.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe