Bus accident in Iran kills 26 schoolgirls
Tehran: A total of 26 schoolgirls were killed and 18 others injured when their bus overturned in Iran`s southwestern Khuzestan province, reported Xinhua, citing local media reports.
The state IRIB TV and IRNA news agency reported that a school bus carrying students overturned and crashed into a valley on Lordegan-Dehdez road in Khuzestan province, killing 26 schoolgirls and injuring 18 others, who were transferred to hospitals.
The driver lost control of the bus due to the slipperiness of the road, which led to the accident to happen, said IRNA.
Following the incident, Iranian Education Minister Hamid-Reza Haji-Babaii was asked to attend Iran`s Majlis (parliament) Education and Research Commission on Sunday to explain about student tours and the death of 26 schoolgirls in the bus crash, Mohammad Mahdizahedi, the chairman of the Majlis Education and Research Commission, was quoted as saying by Mehr press agency.
Inexperienced drivers and low-efficiency of the cars and the roads are blamed as the causes of road accidents in Iran.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan