Bus accident in Iran kills 26 schoolgirls
Tehran: A total of 26 schoolgirls were killed and 18 others injured when their bus overturned in Iran`s southwestern Khuzestan province, reported Xinhua, citing local media reports.
The state IRIB TV and IRNA news agency reported that a school bus carrying students overturned and crashed into a valley on Lordegan-Dehdez road in Khuzestan province, killing 26 schoolgirls and injuring 18 others, who were transferred to hospitals.
The driver lost control of the bus due to the slipperiness of the road, which led to the accident to happen, said IRNA.
Following the incident, Iranian Education Minister Hamid-Reza Haji-Babaii was asked to attend Iran`s Majlis (parliament) Education and Research Commission on Sunday to explain about student tours and the death of 26 schoolgirls in the bus crash, Mohammad Mahdizahedi, the chairman of the Majlis Education and Research Commission, was quoted as saying by Mehr press agency.
Inexperienced drivers and low-efficiency of the cars and the roads are blamed as the causes of road accidents in Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?