Bus accident in Iran kills 26 schoolgirls
Tehran: A total of 26 schoolgirls were killed and 18 others injured when their bus overturned in Iran`s southwestern Khuzestan province, reported Xinhua, citing local media reports.
The state IRIB TV and IRNA news agency reported that a school bus carrying students overturned and crashed into a valley on Lordegan-Dehdez road in Khuzestan province, killing 26 schoolgirls and injuring 18 others, who were transferred to hospitals.
The driver lost control of the bus due to the slipperiness of the road, which led to the accident to happen, said IRNA.
Following the incident, Iranian Education Minister Hamid-Reza Haji-Babaii was asked to attend Iran`s Majlis (parliament) Education and Research Commission on Sunday to explain about student tours and the death of 26 schoolgirls in the bus crash, Mohammad Mahdizahedi, the chairman of the Majlis Education and Research Commission, was quoted as saying by Mehr press agency.
Inexperienced drivers and low-efficiency of the cars and the roads are blamed as the causes of road accidents in Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi