Bus accident in Iran kills 26 schoolgirls
Tehran: A total of 26 schoolgirls were killed and 18 others injured when their bus overturned in Iran`s southwestern Khuzestan province, reported Xinhua, citing local media reports.
The state IRIB TV and IRNA news agency reported that a school bus carrying students overturned and crashed into a valley on Lordegan-Dehdez road in Khuzestan province, killing 26 schoolgirls and injuring 18 others, who were transferred to hospitals.
The driver lost control of the bus due to the slipperiness of the road, which led to the accident to happen, said IRNA.
Following the incident, Iranian Education Minister Hamid-Reza Haji-Babaii was asked to attend Iran`s Majlis (parliament) Education and Research Commission on Sunday to explain about student tours and the death of 26 schoolgirls in the bus crash, Mohammad Mahdizahedi, the chairman of the Majlis Education and Research Commission, was quoted as saying by Mehr press agency.
Inexperienced drivers and low-efficiency of the cars and the roads are blamed as the causes of road accidents in Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal