Bus carrying jazz band overturns in Switzerland
Geneva: Swiss police say a bus carrying members of the Marcus Miller Band, an American jazz band, has overturned on a busy highway, killing the driver and injuring several musicians.
Police in the central canton (state) of Uri said the German-registered private bus tipped over today as it drove into a bend and came to a rest on its side.
A police statement said the bus was carrying 13 people: two drivers and 11 members of the band, who were on their way from Monte Carlo to the Dutch town of Hengelo.
One of the drivers suffered fatal injuries. Several people were injured and taken to hospitals; police say none of them have life-threatening injuries.
The cause wasn`t immediately clear. It appears no other vehicles were involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation