Bus carrying jazz band overturns in Switzerland
Geneva: Swiss police say a bus carrying members of the Marcus Miller Band, an American jazz band, has overturned on a busy highway, killing the driver and injuring several musicians.
Police in the central canton (state) of Uri said the German-registered private bus tipped over today as it drove into a bend and came to a rest on its side.
A police statement said the bus was carrying 13 people: two drivers and 11 members of the band, who were on their way from Monte Carlo to the Dutch town of Hengelo.
One of the drivers suffered fatal injuries. Several people were injured and taken to hospitals; police say none of them have life-threatening injuries.
The cause wasn`t immediately clear. It appears no other vehicles were involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video