Bus crash in eastern Spain, 38 injured
Madrid: Bus crashed near the eastern port city of Alicante leave 38 people injured; six of them seriously, said a Spanish official.
The accident happened on a highway circling the city on Saturday for reasons still under investigation.
The official, who is with a regional branch of the Interior Ministry, requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the record.
Six seriously injured passengers were taken to two hospitals in Alicante, news agency Europa Press reported, citing ministry officials. The other 32 were treated at the scene of the accident.
Europa Press quoted the Center for Emergency Information and Coordination for the region of Alicante as saying that the bus overturned but that no other vehicles appear to have been involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees