Bus crash kills 23, injures 17 in southwest Haiti
Port-Au-Prince: A bus crash in southwest Haiti killed 23 people and injured 17 on Saturday, authorities said.
The mayor of the city of Jeremie, Ronald Etienne, told Reuters that the cause of the accident was not known.
The accident occurred near the coastal town of Roseau, east of Jeremie, according to media reports. Most of the dead were from the town of d`Anse d`Hainault on the far western tip of the southern peninsula, the reports said.
Haiti`s rural road infrastructure is in poor shape though foreign assistance after the 2010 earthquake has led to improvements on the national two-lane highway in the southwest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note