Bus crash kills 23, injures 17 in southwest Haiti
Port-Au-Prince: A bus crash in southwest Haiti killed 23 people and injured 17 on Saturday, authorities said.
The mayor of the city of Jeremie, Ronald Etienne, told Reuters that the cause of the accident was not known.
The accident occurred near the coastal town of Roseau, east of Jeremie, according to media reports. Most of the dead were from the town of d`Anse d`Hainault on the far western tip of the southern peninsula, the reports said.
Haiti`s rural road infrastructure is in poor shape though foreign assistance after the 2010 earthquake has led to improvements on the national two-lane highway in the southwest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you