Bus driver shoots dead six near Cairo: Security source
Cairo: A construction firm bus driver shot
dead six workers and wounded 16 others as he sprayed them with
gunfire on their vehicle near the Egyptian capital on Tuesday, a
security official said to a news agency.
The source said the driver was taking the employees to
their workplace when he suddenly stopped the bus and fired at
"The bus driver for the company Arab Contractors was
taking 22 labourers and other employees" to their workplace in
Giza when he stopped the vehicle at Meniel Shiha, 20
kilometres south of Cairo, the official said.
"He then took out an automatic weapon and opened fire at
the passengers, killing six on the spot and wounding 16, who
have been taken to hospital," he said, asking not to be named.
The assailant was arrested but no immediate word emerged
on his motives, although survivors were quoted as saying the
driver had been suffering depression due to a job transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious