Bus driver shoots dead six near Cairo: Security source
Cairo: A construction firm bus driver shot
dead six workers and wounded 16 others as he sprayed them with
gunfire on their vehicle near the Egyptian capital on Tuesday, a
security official said to a news agency.
The source said the driver was taking the employees to
their workplace when he suddenly stopped the bus and fired at
"The bus driver for the company Arab Contractors was
taking 22 labourers and other employees" to their workplace in
Giza when he stopped the vehicle at Meniel Shiha, 20
kilometres south of Cairo, the official said.
"He then took out an automatic weapon and opened fire at
the passengers, killing six on the spot and wounding 16, who
have been taken to hospital," he said, asking not to be named.
The assailant was arrested but no immediate word emerged
on his motives, although survivors were quoted as saying the
driver had been suffering depression due to a job transfer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army