Bus-tanker collision in Nigeria; 36 killed
Abuja: At least 36 people have been killed in a bus-tanker collision in the southwest Nigeria, officials said.
"Thirty six persons including children died in the accident involving a petrol tanker, a bus and a lorry along Benin-Ore road" said Jonas Agwu, the spokesman of Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC).
The collision caused the tanker to explode and 30 occupants of the bus died while four persons inside the tanker also lost their lives.
The two children from a nearby mechanic workshop were also killed in the mishap yesterday.
The FRSC said they are investigating the cause of the road mishap adding that three persons were rescued.
A few days ago, 18 persons died after a collision between two buses in northern Nigeria.
The oil rich African country has one of the worst road accident cases on the continent.
The accidents are engendered by bad road networks, drivers` carelessness and poor monitoring and control of speed limits by traffic officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog