Bush criticises Obama, says he has failed as President: Report
New York: Former US president George W Bush has criticised the policies of his Republican successor Barack Obama, saying he has made a "mess of relations" with Pakistan and is worried about America`s strategy on Afghanistan, a media report said.
Bush, who general has a policy of not slamming Obama, thinks he has failed as president and made a mess of relations with Pakistan, a Republican official close to Bush was quoted as saying by the `New York Daily News`.
"He thinks the policy is adrift," the official said.
While worried about the present Afghanistan strategy, Bush supports the troop surge and more muscular drone strikes against terrorist targets, he said.
"I want my President to succeed because if my President succeeds my country succeeds, and I want my country to succeed," Bush typically says when asked about Obama.
He had earlier dubbed Republican leader Sarah Palin as "unqualified" to be the next head of state.
"Naming Palin makes Bush think less of McCain as a man. He thinks McCain ran a lousy campaign with an unqualified running mate and destroyed any chance of winning by picking Palin," the Republican official was quoted as saying.
Following its take-over of the US House of Representatives in the mid-term elections, the Republican Party is assessing its chances at winning the 2012 presidential race, and political heavy weight Sarah Palin is being considered as a front-runner.
The former president is also set to launch his book `Decision Points` on Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!