Bush criticises Obama, says he has failed as President: Report
New York: Former US president George W Bush has criticised the policies of his Republican successor Barack Obama, saying he has made a "mess of relations" with Pakistan and is worried about America`s strategy on Afghanistan, a media report said.
Bush, who general has a policy of not slamming Obama, thinks he has failed as president and made a mess of relations with Pakistan, a Republican official close to Bush was quoted as saying by the `New York Daily News`.
"He thinks the policy is adrift," the official said.
While worried about the present Afghanistan strategy, Bush supports the troop surge and more muscular drone strikes against terrorist targets, he said.
"I want my President to succeed because if my President succeeds my country succeeds, and I want my country to succeed," Bush typically says when asked about Obama.
He had earlier dubbed Republican leader Sarah Palin as "unqualified" to be the next head of state.
"Naming Palin makes Bush think less of McCain as a man. He thinks McCain ran a lousy campaign with an unqualified running mate and destroyed any chance of winning by picking Palin," the Republican official was quoted as saying.
Following its take-over of the US House of Representatives in the mid-term elections, the Republican Party is assessing its chances at winning the 2012 presidential race, and political heavy weight Sarah Palin is being considered as a front-runner.
The former president is also set to launch his book `Decision Points` on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'