Bush senior`s emails, photos hacked
Washington: A computer hacker has stolen personal emails and photographs belonging to former US president George H.W. Bush and his family, a media report said.
BBC said one photograph posted on internet showed the 88-year-old politician in bed in hospital where he stayed for seven weeks and was recently treated for bronchitis.
The stolen emails are reported to include addresses and personal details of several members of the Bush family.
A spokesman for Bush Senior said an investigation was underway.
News website the Smoking Gun said the hacker broke into email accounts of several members of the Bush family.
The hacked emails reportedly include messages expressing concern about the health of the former president, including a personal note sent by President Barack Obama through an aide.
The photos also include some of his son, former president George W. Bush.
One shows the younger Bush posing beside a life-size cardboard cutout of himself with a moustache drawn on it, while some are said to be self-portraits.
The report said the hacker goes by the alias "Guccifer".
He said he took "a lot of stuff", including "interesting mails" about the former president`s time in hospital.
George H.W. Bush was the 41st president, serving one term from 1989-93. Before becoming president, he was Ronald Reagan`s vice president from 1981-89.
He also served as CIA director, US ambassador to China and congressman from Texas.
George W. Bush, his son, served as the 43rd president from 2001-09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister