Bush to unveil his portrait in White House
Washington: Former US president George W Bush will unveil his portrait in the White House later this month, his office said on Friday.
Bush and former first lady Laura Bush will return to the White House on May 31 for the release of their portraits, Bush`s office spokesman Freddy Ford said.
Ford said, "The Bushes are looking forward to being back in Washington and seeing a lot of their friends. They appreciate the Obamas` hospitality in hosting the portrait hanging."
The ceremony will be the former president`s first public visit to the White House in more than two years, Xinhua reported.
Bush has avoided public spotlight after he left office and moved to Dallas. In January 2010, Bush joined with Obama and former president Bill Clinton at the White House for a meeting on the Haiti earthquake relief efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened