Bush to unveil his portrait in White House
Washington: Former US president George W Bush will unveil his portrait in the White House later this month, his office said on Friday.
Bush and former first lady Laura Bush will return to the White House on May 31 for the release of their portraits, Bush`s office spokesman Freddy Ford said.
Ford said, "The Bushes are looking forward to being back in Washington and seeing a lot of their friends. They appreciate the Obamas` hospitality in hosting the portrait hanging."
The ceremony will be the former president`s first public visit to the White House in more than two years, Xinhua reported.
Bush has avoided public spotlight after he left office and moved to Dallas. In January 2010, Bush joined with Obama and former president Bill Clinton at the White House for a meeting on the Haiti earthquake relief efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015