Bush to unveil his portrait in White House
Washington: Former US president George W Bush will unveil his portrait in the White House later this month, his office said on Friday.
Bush and former first lady Laura Bush will return to the White House on May 31 for the release of their portraits, Bush`s office spokesman Freddy Ford said.
Ford said, "The Bushes are looking forward to being back in Washington and seeing a lot of their friends. They appreciate the Obamas` hospitality in hosting the portrait hanging."
The ceremony will be the former president`s first public visit to the White House in more than two years, Xinhua reported.
Bush has avoided public spotlight after he left office and moved to Dallas. In January 2010, Bush joined with Obama and former president Bill Clinton at the White House for a meeting on the Haiti earthquake relief efforts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'