Bush was ‘cleaning dog poo within 10 days of leaving WH’
New York: George W Bush is known for his warped sense of humour but this time the former US president outdid himself, saying that he was back to cleaning his dog Barney’s poo within 10 days of leaving the White House.
"Ten days out of the presidency, there I was with a plastic bag in my hand, picking up that which I had been dodging for eight years," The New York Daily News quoted him as telling the crowd at the University of Texas at Tyler.
According to the Tyler Morning Telegraph, Bush said, "I miss being pampered; I miss Air Force One; I miss being commander in chief of an awesome group of people.”
The loudly pro-Bush crowd lavished the former president with cheers, fist-pumps, three standing ovations and shouts of ‘Bring Back Bush’ during his talk, which was part of the school’s distinguished lecture series.
These days, instead of cleaning up the country’s messes, he’s cleaning up after former First Dog Barney.
Bush has kept a low profile since leaving office in January of 2009 and aides told a foreign news agency that he wouldn’t stick his nose in the dirt being flung back and forth in the run-up to November’s midterm elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal