Bush was ‘cleaning dog poo within 10 days of leaving WH’
New York: George W Bush is known for his warped sense of humour but this time the former US president outdid himself, saying that he was back to cleaning his dog Barney’s poo within 10 days of leaving the White House.
"Ten days out of the presidency, there I was with a plastic bag in my hand, picking up that which I had been dodging for eight years," The New York Daily News quoted him as telling the crowd at the University of Texas at Tyler.
According to the Tyler Morning Telegraph, Bush said, "I miss being pampered; I miss Air Force One; I miss being commander in chief of an awesome group of people.”
The loudly pro-Bush crowd lavished the former president with cheers, fist-pumps, three standing ovations and shouts of ‘Bring Back Bush’ during his talk, which was part of the school’s distinguished lecture series.
These days, instead of cleaning up the country’s messes, he’s cleaning up after former First Dog Barney.
Bush has kept a low profile since leaving office in January of 2009 and aides told a foreign news agency that he wouldn’t stick his nose in the dirt being flung back and forth in the run-up to November’s midterm elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor