Bush was ‘cleaning dog poo within 10 days of leaving WH’
New York: George W Bush is known for his warped sense of humour but this time the former US president outdid himself, saying that he was back to cleaning his dog Barney’s poo within 10 days of leaving the White House.
"Ten days out of the presidency, there I was with a plastic bag in my hand, picking up that which I had been dodging for eight years," The New York Daily News quoted him as telling the crowd at the University of Texas at Tyler.
According to the Tyler Morning Telegraph, Bush said, "I miss being pampered; I miss Air Force One; I miss being commander in chief of an awesome group of people.”
The loudly pro-Bush crowd lavished the former president with cheers, fist-pumps, three standing ovations and shouts of ‘Bring Back Bush’ during his talk, which was part of the school’s distinguished lecture series.
These days, instead of cleaning up the country’s messes, he’s cleaning up after former First Dog Barney.
Bush has kept a low profile since leaving office in January of 2009 and aides told a foreign news agency that he wouldn’t stick his nose in the dirt being flung back and forth in the run-up to November’s midterm elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway
- Italy earthquake toll rises to 267