Bush was ‘cleaning dog poo within 10 days of leaving WH’
New York: George W Bush is known for his warped sense of humour but this time the former US president outdid himself, saying that he was back to cleaning his dog Barney’s poo within 10 days of leaving the White House.
"Ten days out of the presidency, there I was with a plastic bag in my hand, picking up that which I had been dodging for eight years," The New York Daily News quoted him as telling the crowd at the University of Texas at Tyler.
According to the Tyler Morning Telegraph, Bush said, "I miss being pampered; I miss Air Force One; I miss being commander in chief of an awesome group of people.”
The loudly pro-Bush crowd lavished the former president with cheers, fist-pumps, three standing ovations and shouts of ‘Bring Back Bush’ during his talk, which was part of the school’s distinguished lecture series.
These days, instead of cleaning up the country’s messes, he’s cleaning up after former First Dog Barney.
Bush has kept a low profile since leaving office in January of 2009 and aides told a foreign news agency that he wouldn’t stick his nose in the dirt being flung back and forth in the run-up to November’s midterm elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'