Bush was ‘cleaning dog poo within 10 days of leaving WH’
New York: George W Bush is known for his warped sense of humour but this time the former US president outdid himself, saying that he was back to cleaning his dog Barney’s poo within 10 days of leaving the White House.
"Ten days out of the presidency, there I was with a plastic bag in my hand, picking up that which I had been dodging for eight years," The New York Daily News quoted him as telling the crowd at the University of Texas at Tyler.
According to the Tyler Morning Telegraph, Bush said, "I miss being pampered; I miss Air Force One; I miss being commander in chief of an awesome group of people.”
The loudly pro-Bush crowd lavished the former president with cheers, fist-pumps, three standing ovations and shouts of ‘Bring Back Bush’ during his talk, which was part of the school’s distinguished lecture series.
These days, instead of cleaning up the country’s messes, he’s cleaning up after former First Dog Barney.
Bush has kept a low profile since leaving office in January of 2009 and aides told a foreign news agency that he wouldn’t stick his nose in the dirt being flung back and forth in the run-up to November’s midterm elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged