Bushfires threaten Australia town
Sydney: A major bushfire threatens a town in south Australia after raging for several days across hundreds of hectares of scrub, the fire service said Monday.
The fire was still within the containment lines, about four km from Tulka town, southwest of Port Lincoln, South Australia`s fire Service said.
"The Tulka fire about 12 km from Port Lincoln is causing the most concern while it continues to burn in thick bushland," Xinhua quoted the officials as saying.
The fire which has raged through about 1,853 hectares of scrub has also destroyed a campervan, 12 cabins, several sheds and four cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH