Bushfires threaten Australia town
Sydney: A major bushfire threatens a town in south Australia after raging for several days across hundreds of hectares of scrub, the fire service said Monday.
The fire was still within the containment lines, about four km from Tulka town, southwest of Port Lincoln, South Australia`s fire Service said.
"The Tulka fire about 12 km from Port Lincoln is causing the most concern while it continues to burn in thick bushland," Xinhua quoted the officials as saying.
The fire which has raged through about 1,853 hectares of scrub has also destroyed a campervan, 12 cabins, several sheds and four cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi