Bushfires threaten Australia town
Sydney: A major bushfire threatens a town in south Australia after raging for several days across hundreds of hectares of scrub, the fire service said Monday.
The fire was still within the containment lines, about four km from Tulka town, southwest of Port Lincoln, South Australia`s fire Service said.
"The Tulka fire about 12 km from Port Lincoln is causing the most concern while it continues to burn in thick bushland," Xinhua quoted the officials as saying.
The fire which has raged through about 1,853 hectares of scrub has also destroyed a campervan, 12 cabins, several sheds and four cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!