Bushfires threaten Australia town
Sydney: A major bushfire threatens a town in south Australia after raging for several days across hundreds of hectares of scrub, the fire service said Monday.
The fire was still within the containment lines, about four km from Tulka town, southwest of Port Lincoln, South Australia`s fire Service said.
"The Tulka fire about 12 km from Port Lincoln is causing the most concern while it continues to burn in thick bushland," Xinhua quoted the officials as saying.
The fire which has raged through about 1,853 hectares of scrub has also destroyed a campervan, 12 cabins, several sheds and four cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown