Butcher kills partner for stealing meat in Moscow
Moscow: A butcher at a meat processing plant near Moscow allegedly killed and dismembered a co-worker after discovering that the latter began stealing meat on his own, investigators said.
The suspect, a resident of Domodedovo near Moscow who has a previous criminal record, had been stealing meat from the plant together with his co-worker for months, investigators said.
In 2010, he began suspecting that his partner was also stealing meat on his own.
"He had been carefully planning the murder for half a year, thinking over every detail," investigators said.
They said the suspect made an axe and also bought a saw.
The suspect allegedly struck his co-worker on the head with the axe many times, while the latter was asleep in the workshop in March 2011, investigators said.
He then supposedly wrapped the body in an oil-cloth and kept it in the workshop for several days, before dismembering it and transferring it to his home village in Tula region.
The man then allegedly burned and buried the remains, which were discovered by investigators only March 13.
The suspect faces up to 15 years in jail if convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city