Butcher kills partner for stealing meat in Moscow
Moscow: A butcher at a meat processing plant near Moscow allegedly killed and dismembered a co-worker after discovering that the latter began stealing meat on his own, investigators said.
The suspect, a resident of Domodedovo near Moscow who has a previous criminal record, had been stealing meat from the plant together with his co-worker for months, investigators said.
In 2010, he began suspecting that his partner was also stealing meat on his own.
"He had been carefully planning the murder for half a year, thinking over every detail," investigators said.
They said the suspect made an axe and also bought a saw.
The suspect allegedly struck his co-worker on the head with the axe many times, while the latter was asleep in the workshop in March 2011, investigators said.
He then supposedly wrapped the body in an oil-cloth and kept it in the workshop for several days, before dismembering it and transferring it to his home village in Tula region.
The man then allegedly burned and buried the remains, which were discovered by investigators only March 13.
The suspect faces up to 15 years in jail if convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’