Butcher kills partner for stealing meat in Moscow
Moscow: A butcher at a meat processing plant near Moscow allegedly killed and dismembered a co-worker after discovering that the latter began stealing meat on his own, investigators said.
The suspect, a resident of Domodedovo near Moscow who has a previous criminal record, had been stealing meat from the plant together with his co-worker for months, investigators said.
In 2010, he began suspecting that his partner was also stealing meat on his own.
"He had been carefully planning the murder for half a year, thinking over every detail," investigators said.
They said the suspect made an axe and also bought a saw.
The suspect allegedly struck his co-worker on the head with the axe many times, while the latter was asleep in the workshop in March 2011, investigators said.
He then supposedly wrapped the body in an oil-cloth and kept it in the workshop for several days, before dismembering it and transferring it to his home village in Tula region.
The man then allegedly burned and buried the remains, which were discovered by investigators only March 13.
The suspect faces up to 15 years in jail if convicted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged