Cabinet in France resigns after legislative vote
Paris: France`s Socialist government has officially resigned, in keeping with tradition after legislative elections.
President Francois Hollande`s office said on Monday that he immediately re-appointed Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault and asked him to form a new government which was expected to be nearly identical to the outgoing Cabinet.
The procedural step came as the Socialists vaulted to dominance in the 577-seat National Assembly in yesterday`s elections for the National Assembly. It gives Hollande who was elected last month the legislative free hand he needs to push forward with his leftist reform program.
Conservative allies of former President Nicolas Sarkozy were the election`s biggest losers. The anti-immigration National Front won two seats its best showing in the Assembly since the late 1980s though its leader Marine Le Pen narrowly lost her bid to win a swept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!