`Callous` church let 3 paedophiles rape me: US man
Philadelphia: A Philadelphia man at the heart of an unprecedented criminal case against the Philadelphia archdiocese says the church let two priests and a teacher rape him.
The 23-year-old man accuses the Roman Catholic church of "callous indifference" to his suffering as an altar boy.
The Philadelphia Inquirer first reported on the suit filed this week by a man identified as "Billy" in a February grand jury report.
The report led to the filing of rape charges against his alleged attackers, and child-endangerment charges against a former church official.
Monsignor William Lynn is the first US church official charged for allegedly transferring problem priests without warning.
The civil suit names Lynn and former Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua as defendants, along with the alleged rapists.
The archdiocese is not commenting on the lawsuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview