`Callous` church let 3 paedophiles rape me: US man
Philadelphia: A Philadelphia man at the heart of an unprecedented criminal case against the Philadelphia archdiocese says the church let two priests and a teacher rape him.
The 23-year-old man accuses the Roman Catholic church of "callous indifference" to his suffering as an altar boy.
The Philadelphia Inquirer first reported on the suit filed this week by a man identified as "Billy" in a February grand jury report.
The report led to the filing of rape charges against his alleged attackers, and child-endangerment charges against a former church official.
Monsignor William Lynn is the first US church official charged for allegedly transferring problem priests without warning.
The civil suit names Lynn and former Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua as defendants, along with the alleged rapists.
The archdiocese is not commenting on the lawsuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning