`Callous` church let 3 paedophiles rape me: US man
Philadelphia: A Philadelphia man at the heart of an unprecedented criminal case against the Philadelphia archdiocese says the church let two priests and a teacher rape him.
The 23-year-old man accuses the Roman Catholic church of "callous indifference" to his suffering as an altar boy.
The Philadelphia Inquirer first reported on the suit filed this week by a man identified as "Billy" in a February grand jury report.
The report led to the filing of rape charges against his alleged attackers, and child-endangerment charges against a former church official.
Monsignor William Lynn is the first US church official charged for allegedly transferring problem priests without warning.
The civil suit names Lynn and former Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua as defendants, along with the alleged rapists.
The archdiocese is not commenting on the lawsuit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan