Cambodia arrests two generals for drug trafficking
Phnom Penh: Police in Cambodia say they have
detained two army generals suspected of trafficking methamphetamine.
National police spokesman Gen Kirth Chantharith says the two had been under surveillance for months and were detained
He identified the two today as Lay Virak and Khun Rouen.
Both are active duty major generals who also hold advisory
positions within the defence ministry.
In January, three senior police officers including a head
of the country`s anti-drug trafficking agency were arrested
and charged with drug-related corruption.
Southeast Asia has long been a major producer and exporter
of heroin, and in recent years it has also become a major
source of stimulant-type drugs such as methamphetamine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her