Cambodia arrests two generals for drug trafficking
Phnom Penh: Police in Cambodia say they have
detained two army generals suspected of trafficking methamphetamine.
National police spokesman Gen Kirth Chantharith says the two had been under surveillance for months and were detained
He identified the two today as Lay Virak and Khun Rouen.
Both are active duty major generals who also hold advisory
positions within the defence ministry.
In January, three senior police officers including a head
of the country`s anti-drug trafficking agency were arrested
and charged with drug-related corruption.
Southeast Asia has long been a major producer and exporter
of heroin, and in recent years it has also become a major
source of stimulant-type drugs such as methamphetamine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail