Cambodia flood deaths climb to 122
Phnom Penh:The deaths in Cambodia`s flash floods over the past four weeks have climbed to 122, a senior disaster control official said Monday.
"The flood in Mekong river has killed 122 people so far and affected some 1.5 million people," Nhim Vanda, vice-president of the National Committee for Disaster Management (NCDM), told Xinhua.
Besides, some 250,000 hectares of paddy field have been submerged. The flood has also damaged national and gravel roads, he said.
"Water has receded in most of the flooded areas Monday, but four provinces - Battambang, Banteay Meanchey, Kampong Thom and Kratie - are still suffering," he added.
According to the NCDM, the 2011 floods killed 250 people and damaged property worth $521 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof