Cameron texted `lots of love` to Brooks?
London: Known for using the Internet and new media, British Prime Minister David Cameron somehow believed that `LOL` meant `Lots of Love` when sending texts to ex-editor of the News of the World Rebekah Brooks, until she enlightened him that it actually meant `Laugh Out Loud`.
Brooks, 43, who was arrested for allegations of perjury and in relation to phone-hacking scandal at the now-defunct tabloid of Media mogul Rupert Murdoch, revealed Cameron`s knowledge of texting language while deposing before the Leveson Inquiry on media ethics today.
Brooks, who said she had family relations with Cameron through her husband, said the prime ministerial texts would often be signed off as `DC`.
She said: "Occasionally he would sign them off `LOL`, lots of love, until I told him it meant `laugh out loud`?"
Asked if Cameron had sent a text message saying "keep your head up" after her resignation as CEO of News International last year, Brooks said the message was "along those lines".
Brooks, a close aide of 81-year-old Murdoch, said she also received texts of support from Tony Blair, Chancellor George Osborne, Home secretary Theresa May and Foreign secretary William Hague.
Brooks` revelations inspired several versions of `handy guide to textspeak` for the benefit on news websites and blogs.
One of them advised Cameron that `ROFL` did not mean `Rebekah, On For Lunch?`, and that `OMG` did not mean `Oh, Murdoch`s Gorgeous`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested