Cameron to meet Karzai, Zardari ahead of trilateral talks
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai will meet on Sunday ahead of the two-day trilateral summit to be held in a bid to restore peace in Afghan, as per reports.
The three leaders will dine at Cameron’s official residence Chequers on Sunday evening before the commencement of the summit on Monday in which foreign ministers will participate. For the first time, the Pakistani and Afghanistan chiefs of Army Staff and chiefs of Intelligence are also expected to attend the summit.
One of the key areas of discussions will be on preventing resurrection of Taliban in Afghanistan after the exit of British and US troops by end of 2014.
This is the third trilateral summit of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Britain since summer last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’