Cameron to rule on top defence minister`s fate
London: Britain`s Prime Minister David Cameron is ruling on whether the country`s top defence minister broke government guidelines in his dealings with a close friend who worked in the defence industry.
Cameron was on Monday due to receive a report on allegations that Defence Secretary Liam Fox acted inappropriately in allowing his former housemate Adam Werritty access to Britain`s Defence Ministry and to meetings.
Fox has denied providing Werritty with any sensitive information and insists he didn`t help his friend`s business interests.
But in a statement, Fox acknowledged his "professional responsibilities and personal loyalties" may have been blurred.
Opposition lawmakers are due to quiz Fox at Parliament later in a previously scheduled questions session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!